3/27/13

Paperwork.....

It comes as no surprise to me when I "clean" out our paperwork from paid monthly bills, personal notes, insurance benefit explanations and other out of date things we keep way past time to dispose of them. Shredding is noisy, time consuming and generally ends up with my back hurting from feeding the papers in and stooping while doing so. Needless to say put it off for many months until have to do the job and get it over with. The lengths we go to just to preserve our private information!
PAPER PILE TO SHRED 
This is not such a bad pile of papers sitting on the trash can above, it is however something that cannot put in the trash as it has account numbers and other personal info that no one besides us needs to know.
4TH basket of shredding done
So how much shredding do you normally do? Is it put off or done before the pile is overwhelming?
Photobucket


TransparentSignature

7 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I admit, I put it off and then dread doing it because it takes so long. If I'd do it as it comes it wouldn't be so bad, but I just can't do it. *sigh*

Jackie Burris said...

Melissa glad am not the only one, it is a chore I totally despise.

Maria Zannini said...

We tend to burn our paperwork in one big pile when we burn brush--usually once or twice a year.

Jackie Burris said...

I did that one year, never again it was a bigger pile than the brush and flew bits and pieces everywhere and it was scary. Then about 6 months later the wildfires wiped us out and since then we burn nothing in our yard!

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, that's right. I don't think I'd burn again if that ever happened to me.

Our brush piles are pretty big, but we tuck the papers at the bottom so they stay put.

June G said...

Boy. I have to do this too and I've put it off for the longest! My pile continues to grow. I have to commit to settling down and getting it over with!

Jackie Burris said...

Maria our pile was more papers than brush and since then believe me get the shredder out sooner, and yes after having one's home burn down one does think long and hard about a fire outside even when cooking on a smoker or BBQ pit.

June my pile grows to the point at times wish that we lived near a funeral home and they would let me "cremate" the papers, like that would ever happen LOL!