11/21/12

It's those "little" things.....

Okay once again my wheels were turning and the random thoughts coalesced into a stream of what made me smile, cry, sigh in exasperation, laugh out loud or mutter curse words under my breath if not shout them loudly at the top of my lungs...



I will put it all together with pictures to share what emotion went with each happening
 that caused it when I publish these posts.
If you have anything to add please feel free to share your own emotional responses to certain events or happenings in your own life in words or even a link to something you had a reaction to...
Photobucket
Recently my aunt sent me this to read:
MEMORABLE WORDS: Quoting the wisdom of Texas Bix Bender.

            I’m not quite sure what this says, but I think it’s telling us not to dress flashy -“Avoid flasharity, foofaraw and fumadiddle in dress. Leave the peacocking to the peacocks.”
            I’m sure every one of us can empathize with this. -“Never be too quick to criticize yourself. It ain’t fair to all your friends and relatives who are dyin’ to do it for you.”
            Now this is logic and something people don’t understand until they’re well past twenty-one. It’s sort of in the same vein as hearing someone say they had to go faster so they could get home before they ran out of gas - “Going faster when you’re lost won’t help a bit.”
            A truer statement was never made than this one. - “One good thing about being a cowboy is you just don’t have time for golf.”

This little bird house was already at our new home and it just reminds me of my childhood when we used to wear boots all the time and it is also whimsical!
So what "little things" stir your emotions? What makes you happy, sad, glad or indifferent?

TransparentSignature

3 comments:

Mardel said...

I love all the sayings you posted. Except I want to be flashy sometimes...so I am. (thus the two nose rings in one nostril - never regretted it). Then again, a lot of the time I don't like to be noticed...go figure. ;)

Cute birdhouse - you were lucky to find it at your place. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Heh. You've seen me. You know I'm not flashy. As a matter of fact, I try to stay as inconspicuous as possible.

ref: birdhouse
What a cool idea! Perfect for Texas.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jackie Burris said...

Mardel you are a female and we are allowed to send mixed messages! LOL
The birdhouse was kind of "hidden" on the property, did not come across it till several weeks after we moved in.

Maria I am not "flashy" either but sometimes enjoy watching those people who are as they can be quite "entertaining" in their "gaudy finery"! Texas and boots, it does go together for sure.